Ski’s Open Heart’s First Annual Toy Drive
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, Ski’s Open House Foundation’s 1st Annual Toy Drive was held at Canz-a-Citi Roadhouse in Patchogue from 7-11 pm. The toy drive is meant to continue a tradition that Mark “Ski” Gajewski started about 10 years ago when he donated his time and money to local charities during the holidays. During the toy drive we collected unwrapped toys and gift cards for children. Often, teenagers are forgotten about during these types of toy collections, but collecting gift cards was our way to make their holidays just as enjoyable as the younger children. During the toy drive there was a special performer singing holiday classics, a Chinese Auction, a door prize, and guest appearance by Santa and Mrs. Clause. There were 276 people that showed up to show their support for the Foundation and donated toys, which filled our 24-foot trailer. The toys have been delivered to the following local charities:
- Toys for Hope;
- American Legion Greenlawn Post 1244;
- Stony Brook University Children’s Hospital;
- Suffolk County Coalition Against Domestic Violence;
- Lighthouse Mission of Bellport;
- Suburban Children Inc;
- Suffolk County Deputy Sheriffs Department;
- Suffolk County Police Department;
- The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer;
- Tuesday’s Children and 4 families that were victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Again, we would like to thank everyone that came out the event and helped make our 1st Annual Toy Drive a huge success.